Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has a cracked quick connect fuel line right after the filter. No local auto shops have what I need nor do they say they can get it. They asked me to go to the dealer, lol. So now I'm going to have to order online but I'm bringing up two part numbers, I'm sure one is sending and one is return. Which one is the sending line? I'm assuming it's 058.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/make/buick/year/1995/model/roadmaster?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=fuel line connectors

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I noticed the other week that the local autozone stocks fuel line connect end repair kits for ford and gm, in the help parts section.
search should also find similar threads, I believe napa also sells the kits.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The leak is where the nylon hose covers the quick connect itself. So I'm unsure if there is a fix kit for that. It's not a crack between the male and female connections.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
looking at az's site, they sell dorman kits like summit does.
the ones I saw in the store were entire ends connected to around a foot of fuel line, appeared you splice them in.

·
Registered
934 Posts
look at orilys they have a **** load of what you need

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
If you are going to splice a section in, you should just make a whole fuel line. It will avoid the tubing at the splice cracking when you insert the spur. the difficulty is about the same, and no old line to worry about.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just a winter beater so I'm not willing to spend more money on it then I have to, so a full fuel line is out of the question for me. Found a 3/8 splice kit for $20 and it took 5 minutes to install, problem solved! Way easier than doing a steel line splice kit. Thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts