Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one, hopefully:

Sorry for my lack of expertise, but I plan on lowering my 96 SS. Thinking of gettin the Sprint Springs 2" F, 3" R.

If, and when, I do do this . . . I will also change my shocks that are needed to be changed.

Does it matter if I'm lowering my car or not when I search for shocks? I'm planning on getting my SHOCKS first, then lowering springs a bit later but don't wan't to pay for new shocks then have to buy some new ones that are specifically made for lowered cars.

Thanks in advance

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As for as I know, no it doesn't matter. General concensus seems to be Bilsteins if you can afford them, if not, Monroe Severe Service if you don't mind a FIRM ride. Ive had the Monroes for a few months now(with stock 9C1 springs) and dont mind one bit. Planning on lowering it with Vogtland springs next month when I get back to Chicago. Hope this helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it did help.

So I feel okay about purchasing my shocks first and then won't have to worry about an interferience when I later purchase lowering springs.

So BILSTIENS you feel are the best thing out for our BBodies?

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.