Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I don't want to get into the long backstory so heres the question; can you adjust the 4l60E's line pressure without a tune thru the PCM? Basically manually thru the trans itself?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I didn't know that and someone who tried "rebuilding" my trans said they did it that way and when I got my car back my AC didn't kick on when it did fine before he got the car. I thought he used a tune on the PCM from a different car which in turn deleted my AC. I jumped the compressor and it starts and sounds fine and the fan comes on, guess I gotta look further into it. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Ok, I didn't know that and someone who tried "rebuilding" my trans said they did it that way and when I got my car back my AC didn't kick on when it did fine before he got the car. I thought he used a tune on the PCM from a different car which in turn deleted my AC. I jumped the compressor and it starts and sounds fine and the fan comes on, guess I gotta look further into it. Thanks guys.
Various factors come into play and it ALL depends on what the builder did.

Was the torque converter changed, and if so, to a higher stall?

If a shift kit were installed, which one and did they install any 1st gear shimming?

And aside from getting more specifics from the tranny builder, it would behoove you to immerse yourself in the PCM reprogramming section to better understand a) how you can get your AC engaging properly again, and b) how all these systems interact w/ one another. I see a PCM reflash in the crystal ball for you...

·
Super Moderator
9,455 Posts
It's an easy fix. The tune is from the wrong type of vehicle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As soon as I noticed my AC didn't work and he said he upped the line pressure the first thing I thought was he used the wrong base to flash the PCM. I asked him if he changed the pressure thru the PCM and said he didn't touch the computer and manually upped the line pressure thru the trans itself, and I wasn't sure if that could actually be done, thats what I was asking.

It was just an extremely basic rebuild so no shift kit or anything, but I don't even know what he did because none of my trans issues were resolved, and then when I tried to set up a date to go back he never got back to me. And the fact that hes pretty far away and didn't get back to me alot when he had the car, I don't think I will be going back. I didn't know that messing with the trans could affect the AC like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.