Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, Help lol.

Ok where can I buy these rubber to metal washers? Can I just pack the threads with Black Silicone or Non hardening sealer rather than using these washers?

Also what is the name of this rail. It passes coolant... Looks like only air that leads from the TB to the back of both heads.

And yes I painted the engine green lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
Guys, Help lol.

Ok where can I buy these rubber to metal washers? Can I just pack the threads with Black Silicone or Non hardening sealer rather than using these washers?

Also what is the name of this rail. It does not pass coolant... Looks like only air that leads from the TB to the back of both heads.

And yes I painted the engine green lol.
Stay away from silicone if at all possible and let the washers do their job. What are those washers from? Looks like the ones used on the oil cooler lines and they are still available at the dealer and some Dorman washer kits have them. I know there is info here for the part number if you just search for them.

That hose and part under the throttle body is what takes coolant from the reservoir and runs it under the throttle body to the coolant metal line which then runs to the back side of both cylinder heads. Just check info on "throttle body coolant bypass" to see what you can do there insrptead of running under the TB.

Come to think of it, are those washers the ones used on the banjo fittings for the coolant cross over on the back of the heads? Think those may be a different part number than the oil cooler hose washers but those should also be posted here to.

Not sure what your plans are with the engine but based on the color it is obviously going to be customized quite a bit. You could look to replace the stock metal coolant line and banjo fittings on the back of the heads. There is a thread here with info on how to convert this over to AN fittings and braided hose. The metal line and banjo fittings are to expensive and could be a hard find new or VERY expensive if found. Braided and AN would be the way I will go when the time comes to pull the motor. Don't think this is a job you want to do in the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stay away from silicone if at all possible and let the washers do their job. What are those washers from? Looks like the ones used on the oil cooler lines and they are still available at the dealer and some Dorman washer kits have them. I know there is info here for the part number if you just search for them.

That hose and part under the throttle body is what takes coolant from the reservoir and runs it under the throttle body to the coolant metal line which then runs to the back side of both cylinder heads. Just check info on "throttle body coolant bypass" to see what you can do there insrptead of running under the TB.

Come to think of it, are those washers the ones used on the banjo fittings for the coolant cross over on the back of the heads? Think those may be a different part number than the oil cooler hose washers but those should also be posted here to.

Not sure what your plans are with the engine but based on the color it is obviously going to be customized quite a bit. You could look to replace the stock metal coolant line and banjo fittings on the back of the heads. There is a thread here with info on how to convert this over to AN fittings and braided hose. The metal line and banjo fittings are to expensive and could be a hard find new or VERY expensive if found. Braided and AN would be the way I will go when the time comes to pull the motor. Don't think this is a job you want to do in the car.
You're awesome 4doorss! Yes they go on the cross over on the back of the heads! Appreciate the very detailed answer!

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts