Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever experimented with the steering on a b-body? The reason I'm asking is, back when--- I had a 87 Monte Carlo SS and I tried everything to make it steer quicker.(More like a Z28) After a steering box swap and no change, I finally found the difference. The pitman arm on Z28's is/was shorter than that of the Monte. I know all pitman arm splines are the same, I was just wondering if it would have the same effect on the 9c1? (Quicker, more responsive steering???) Has anyone ever experimented??

------------------
'95 9c1 white/black 2-ch 3"flows ,3:73w/auburn,headers, cold air,hyperflex
'99 C5 Coupe white/black B&B Tri-flows, cold air, program
'86 Astro w/383 stroker..525 Hp,3000 stall,39.5" Boggers,big lift, should I say more!
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't looked into this, so I'm not sure what exists that would work (keeping in mind you'd have to find an idler arm to match, and POSSIBLY swap to different tierods as well). Could be an interesting idea though.

That said, if you are just looking for quicker turn in, goto a swaybar/spring/shock setup that is more neutral than stock (which is heavily biased towards understeer). My steering now reacts MUCH quicker to inputs than a stock SS!

------------------

Ed Runnion -- Santa Clara CA -- 96 BBB, Many Mods
[email protected]
www.runnion.net
ROD, HAIL, SoCalSS, ISSCA, NAISSO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.