Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Buddy, E Chapa ran his "fowl owl" 95 fleetwood at Cecil County, MD on Dec 4, 2016.
I believe it ran 13.2 @ 105 mph. Stock head 350LT1 w/ hotcam.
It has nitrous too, but bottle was only at 3 lbs and probably only sprayed a 20 HP shot, LOL :(

Nab

·
Registered
486 Posts
Kind of wishing now that I had taken mine up the road before I started modding it to get a baseline. There's a strip a little over a half-hour away, in Earlville I think. At this point, after headers, exhaust, intake, and transmission, I probably won't bother until I finish the rest of the planned performance mods, rear-end gears, heads and cam, LS1 PCM, bored and stroked block, maybe a power adder, big maybe on that though. It is still technically a daily driver after all.

·
Registered
108 Posts
whats his SN on the forum?

Buddy, E Chapa ran his "fowl owl" 95 fleetwood at Cecil County, MD on Dec 4, 2016.
It has nitrous too, but bottle was only at 3 lbs and probably only sprayed a 20 HP shot, LOL :(

Nab

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sold the lq4 and got an ly6. It was junk. Have a gen 4 alum 5.3 at the machine shop. Going .020 over with wisecos and eagle h beams, stock crank. It will run this spring!!!

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
You Had Me At -

- ZERO chrome. But Summer Sleeper? NOT!

Neat vid. If'n only mine weren't my driver....

·
Registered
290 Posts
hey boys, i put her on the back burner for a while.. she's just been sleeping in the garage on 3 year old slicks.

basically 11.90s NA on the old crappy fueling setup and very tired et streets @ 4100 raceweight (have slips in the garage somewhere) but with as fast as all the newer stock cars are...

i was just pissed that i kept collapsing lifters & never got a clean nitrous pass with the rim-screwed slicks & magnafuel/cell/parallel rail setup.

getting the itch, need to go through it all and then do more tuning with ed

·
Registered
290 Posts
not sure if it's just age, or has to do with how hot my garage gets in the summer... but so far all i have is an old faded 1/8th slip on motor.

attached. better than nothing i suppose.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts

Nab
I'm assuming he at least upgraded the rockers and springs on those stock heads, right? What converter and gears does he have?

I'm shooting for 12.9, but I will almost certainly fall short and end up in the 13's.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
There are a small number of 5.7 Litre LT1 Caprices that 1/4-miled in under 12.99sec without any chemical or mechanical boost, just heads&cam and 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers …
… as well as suspensions modified specifically for outstanding 60ft times, transmission upgrades to handle the abuse, a quicker torque converter, and clever weight loss & redistribution.

Even though Fleetwoods weigh more, have a higher drag coefficient, and more drag area than Caprices, if you pair the right heads and cam, and get a decent torque converter (Yank or Vigilante), and 3.73, you'll wind up with a Fleetwood that can reliably 1/4mile well under 14sec AND still put passengers to sleep at 85MpH.

Think you'd need 4.10, a special driveshaft, a drag tuned suspension, and some weight loss and/or drag reduction to reliably 1/4mile in under 13.3sec.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts