Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
well, I was in Houston last month and stopped by SAM to see some old friends. I got an up close look at the 500" LS7 headed pump gas LSX motor they were working on. I think there are pictures on the LS1tech site of it too.

I don't know how RacePrep's motor is coming along though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Wow, I missed this one the first time around. Hey Tad, if you really "need" a mule to put this in I'll ship you my 1999 50K miles Black TransAm WS6 - it's stock, stock manifolds, stock exhaust, stock intake yada yada... for as long as you need it. As long as I get it back in the end. :D

While your thinking that over PM my on a set of those valve covers - the stock LT1 covers fit my LT4 head like dog crap...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Only note about this post though is that is has all the looks of an advertisement and is posted in a forum that is sponsored and paid for by another sponsor who also builds engines.
There is zero competition here. Maybe .00000001 % of the people in the world with a rear wheel drive GM are going to have a motor like this built. How many LSx Impalas have we seen. And how many of them are 427+ strokers? To be honest it has been a half a year since this 500ci motor has been available, and just recently we got the first request for a quote for a 500LS motor. It did not come form this forum but from a lineage of other work non LT1 Bbody related; Westech >> JBA >> Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine >> ='s GTO owner wants a quote for a magazine car to make I can't say with what.

Joe and I love the Impala community and want to offer this unique one time opportunity to be the first one on the global block to have a 500ci LS motor to the B-body crowd. That is why we posted. It would be cool if the first 500inch LS2 to ever go to the public went in an Impala. Simple.

Race-Prep IS NOT a mail order tuner or a mail order engine seller. Almost everything that comes and goes though our doors is custom. We move very little volume ($) in comparison to the Golens and PCM4Lesss of the world.

If the forum topic moderator thinks we are out of line I will happily delete these posts and back away. This is a hard situation for Joe and I at Race-Prep we both own 96' Impalas as daily drivers and this forum is our home page when you sit at our computers. We are just Impala crazy. We actually speak out very little on this forum in contrast to how active we are with LT-1 power plants. We feel a 500ci LS motor worthy of being vocal about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
While your thinking that over PM my on a set of those valve covers
That makes 3 sets I need to order. I'm pushing to make these valve covers a shelf item at our shop.

Massive changes have been happening with the walls of Race-Prep that are allowing LT-X, LS-X, and Gen-1 SBC to be our primary focus.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
What are terms/$$ we are talking about here...In a couple weeks I should have a 96 Impala, with a LS1+T56 areadly tranpanted, in my hands :D

If an Impala is what you want I maybe your man :cool:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.