Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Racetronics

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  VF1000R 
#1 ·
Ordered a new fuel pump and wiring harness Feb 11, they charged my card Feb 12. It's March 5 and still no ship date.

#3 ·
They were out of the bulkhead connectors for the fuel tank sending unit, so may be delayed because of that.

Nab

#5 ·
Just keep in contact with him. I have had 0 problems with them or products :)

#6 ·
Just a heads up: on the last 2 kits l installed in the past week, the leads going into the fuel pump were reversed. They claim it's not a manufacturing error but I don't see how it's not. Just be sure the hot red wire is plugging into the + side of the pump.

Nab

#8 ·
You're not going to get it. I ordered the same thing before xmas and still don't have it. I finally got mad at him and he just cancelled my entire order out of retaliation. He also said something about redesigning it to handle a higher flow pump (which I don't see a need for, at the very least it could be a separate part for those wanting the option). I contacted them multiple times and every time I was told it would ship the following week. It wasn't until I opened a case through paypal that I got a call explaining the redesign. For a about $11 more you can build the in tank harness yourself from a universal harness they sell. Give me a few minutes and I'll find the part number on their website. This also assumes you have the correct tool for crimping delphi weather pack and metri pack connectors.

#9 · (Edited)
The price I just said may not be accurate to what you're doing, since I was doing a custom job. I also ordered it with a complete universal internal and external harness, combined with an application specific external harness to create what I needed, (walbro pump on stock style sending unit in an S10 Blazer with an LT1 swapped into it).

This is a standalone bulkhead connector, it currently shows as in stock.
Racetronix - FS Bulkhead Connector Assembly 4-way

This is the universal harness I used that has everything (actually more than) what you'd need.
Racetronix - Universal Bulkhead Wiring System, 4-Way

They should have just the internal harness by itself, but I haven't found it yet. I'll keep looking and post it if I find it.

EDIT: Everything minus the connectors to connect to the factory. Basically you still need a 4-way weather pack connector, but the factory one is keyed, so you may have to replace both sides for it to work.

#10 ·
I see what they did, I was just looking at the listing for the b-body lt1 harness upgrade and it's been updated on their website. On all b-bodies, only 3 of the 4 terminals are used, + for the pump, + for the sending unit, and the grounds for both are combined on one. He's taking the unused terminal and tying it into the + pump feed, to up the available amperage. Even this bulkhead is a hair shy of the ideal amperage rating if you aren't running a stock motor and tune, so using a pair of terminals to increase it will solve that. GM later corrected this anyways with an updated connector that uses the old 150 series terminals for the sending unit and 280 series terminals for the pump. I actually ordered one of those bulkhead connectors out of curiosity but there's no obvious way to install it on our sending units, it's much too large to fit in the keyed hole. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but for now I've tabled that idea.

#11 ·
Well not what I wanted to hear. Just talked to Rob 3/19 3:30. Acording to him the upgrade is done. Hes supposed to call me back in 30 minutes and let me know. He said it would be good to let them finish this order as the next orders are going to go up in price.

Never had a company do this.

#12 ·
Rob called back, said the bulkhead is done and they are assembling the kit now. He said it should be on its way by Wednesday.

Now, I was told the same thing 2 weeks ago, so , Ill ride along for now . There is no panic on my end. I'm still building the LS going into the Imp :)

#14 · (Edited)
Not to discourage you, but I could show you multiple emails from two months after I placed my order telling me the exact same thing, so...

Don't get me wrong, they make really good stuff, which is why I keep going back to them even after now having a similar problem this month (making it my second time of ordering something and not getting it). I need to call and cancel the order yet because I found what I needed elsewhere, but I placed this order weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. I haven't even bothered contacting them because as we know, their customer support is useless. There's actually a few threads around here of people having problems to the point of the owner (I think Rob, but I'd have to find those threads and look, but the username on here is racetronix) even coming on here and getting really nasty. I'd love for someone to come in and offer what he does, but with better service and run him out of business. But again, he gets away with it because for the most part you can't get that stuff anywhere else, and it is really good quality.

I know myself and a few others have suggested that Gary of Innovative Wiring start making the stuff, but I suspect he has more work than he knows what to do with for the things he already offers. I can make it myself and have the correct delphi crimping tools, but finding a source for some of it, (the bulkhead connector specifically) is difficult. The only place I know of for that part by itself is racetronix. Though I suspect that if I did enough digging I could probably find it on mouser, but I'm not convinced I want to try to get in the business of making lt1 bulkhead upgrade kits. On the plus side though, the shipping would be cut in half for most of us since I'm in the states and racetronix is in canada. His cheapest shipping option is always almost $20, even for something small, but I assume that's because it's technically international shipping.

For what it's worth though, I do hope you get your order soon.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.