Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced the pump on my racetronix hot wire kit in my 96. Ran fine for a while then suddenly...no fuel pressure. Pulled the tank and found the connector slipped out of the pump, pressed it back in, pressure good. Couple days later...no pressure. Pulled again and i dont think the pump fully seats into the connector. Check out the pick. That's as far as it will go which works but comes loose once it runs for a while. Does that looked fully depressed?

I'll call racetroincs tomorrow to get their input but their tech line doesn't have the best rep but i guess we'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you read the instructions that come in the kit? It doesn't attach to the tank. It attaches down at the junction box, just inside the rear drivers side tire on the frame. Its spelled out in the instructions. You need to move some wires around at the junction box too. You can download the instructions from the Racetronix forum if you don't have them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a pic of the pump itself (purple thing) and the electrical connector that plugs into it. The hot wire kit was installed years ago but just recently the pump went bad.
I emailed the vendor the pic and I'm waiting to hear back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts