Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on how to fill the radiator without sucking a bunch of air into the engine? I dont have much experience with radiators without caps on them. Also what have you done with the the tube that "GM found not to be neccesary so it has been deleted" that goes to the top of the radiator?

· Registered
1,257 Posts
My old tank had the hose cut about 4" out from the coolant tank. They put a big bolt with a hose clamp to seal it.

There's really no secret. Your always gonna get air in the system.Just when your done, be sure to bleed the system from the bleeder on the goose neck from the water pump. Bleed the system with the car running a few times. Also be sure to put a rag down underneath the bleeder. You dont want coolant dripping down on that opti.

· Registered
701 Posts
Where my car was born on may 21, 1995, my coolant tank dont have the provision for the line. The radiator, however, still has the provision for the hose, but it has a rubber nipple over it, held on with a small hose clamp from the factory to plug it. Id bet your local parts store has those, they would have a cleaner look, imho. Just make sure they are the rubber nipples, and not the thin plastic-like nipples.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.