Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions on what vendors I should buy from or not buy from? An all aluminum radiator would be nice, but I'm not thinking it's worth all $500 to me at this juncture.

· Registered
2,703 Posts
Knowing what your car is would be nice, but if it is a LT1, the parts ladi..... $150 for new stock Delphi is a no brainer.

· Premium Member
6,950 Posts
radiator.com. Lifetime warranty..
i broke 3 of their rads, but hey they keep giving me new ones.

3 times i broke the internal oil cooler wall, so i would have pnut butter coolent... YAYA

having to flush over and over then only to have it happen again.

purcahsed a stock one, now 8 months later no issues.

thanks

ps 96.ss my 94 has external cooler.

· Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was asked for the thickness of the radiator's core...hellifIknow.

Apparently there are two Delphi radiators that should fit, both have the internal radiator and oil coolers. One is 24mm thick, the other is 36mm...part numbers RA1105 and RA1124 respectively. I'm thinking RA1124 since I can actually find that one in a few places.

A local shop will sell me an aluminum core/plastic tank one for $134.00 with a lifetime warranty. May not be a bad way to go, they also stated they'd R&R it for just under $70; which is relatively cheap, though I will likely do it myself anyway since I have some other things I'd like to address while it's out.

· Registered
311 Posts

· Premium Member
4,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not that anyone necessarily cares, but for closure's sake; the Delphi RA1105 radiator is discontinued, but the RA1124 is a perfect fit...Needles' coolant leaks are fixt.

That is all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.