Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a new radiator on order from autozone for $189 has anyone had any experience with these or recommend something different idk how the *** my car got a leak on the backside of the radiator but could explain my overheationg problem.....

think i topped it off when i smashed another mustang gt the other day those **** need to learn how to drive lol

anyways checkers quote was like 275
autozones is a lifetime warranty etc....
EDIT: sorry forgot to say my car is a 9c1 w/ both trans and oil coolers dont know if that makes a price difference though.
anyone? anyone got one they never used and trying to get rid of for cheaper? plus shipping? lmk thanx guys

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
734 Posts
i brought one off ebay 2 years ago for i think 110 shipped brand new and havent had a single problem with it yet

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
I saw the mailorder stuff and found a comparable spec replacement locally with both coolers for about the same $130 IIRC.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got my autozone radiator and what do u know it was all fed up they put the hardware package next to the fins (genious) and when i opened the box some of them were smashed, nothing real bad but im not paying for a new radiator install it then it leaks f that so today it should be here hopefully not packaged the same.... i even asked them to order 2 just in case one of them was fuked up butt hey said it comes from the manufacturer so they couldnt....

well see how today goes cwm8:Dcwm3

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thats why i put a wtb coryblack.... but a used radiator idk about that?

anyways along w my bull**** luck again i got my new new radiator in today pull mine out to only find i ordered the wrong one .... only the trans fluid runs threw my radiator i thought it was both..... on a good note autozone quoted me $183 and thats what i paid... when i went back they said its $260 but i dont think there going to make me pay the difference if they do im gonna blow the *** up!!!!

so my new new new(3rd) radiator will be here thursday w/ no oil cooler.... hopefully fingers crossed

oh and found out what my leak was caused by.. i replaced my primary fan and the vdo motor i got was bigger than stock so i had to sand out some plastic for it to fit thought all was good... but the nut that holds the fan to the motor is about 1/4 inch to long and wore a hole in my radiator good shi1!!!

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
What was the problem with useing the one with the oil cooler? Just plug them up, it's not like coolant flows thru them....Hope you fixed the fan before you put the new one in...LOL.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
Yah Gregg-o, thinking the same. Figured I read something wrong.

And popim-, everybody knows AZ changes prices depending on which store you're in and what day it is, - but mostly how well the kid can or can't type. I got prices from $89 to $119 for the same 1/2 shaft. You would not believe the crazy bs they tried to hand me for why they do that, but part of the formula is how rich they think the zipcode is where each store is.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yah Gregg-o, thinking the same. Figured I read something wrong.

And popim-, everybody knows AZ changes prices depending on which store you're in and what day it is, - but mostly how well the kid can or can't type. I got prices from $89 to $119 for the same 1/2 shaft. You would not believe the crazy bs they tried to hand me for why they do that, but part of the formula is how rich they think the zipcode is where each store is.

my zip code is the poorest in colorado lol

and yes i fixed the fan before i tried to install it again..... the only difference for the one with the oil cooler is that the drivers side fan goes on different or something it will not line up!!!!! im fukin pissed new one comes in tomorow if i dont buy a used one

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
the only difference for the one with the oil cooler is that the drivers side fan goes on different or something it will not line up!!!!! im fukin pissed new one comes in tomorow if i dont buy a used one

It's not the fan, but there are some fitment issues to get it to drop in plumb. I forget what to do as it's been over 5 years since I did it. Just wanted to say if you do make the one w/ the oil cooler fit, it's a great resource down the road should you want to upgrade your P/S fluid cooling capability. Adding a daisy chain w/ some AN fittings or such to the radiator is something I've been planning on doing for some time. I mean w/ the extra cooling tank, why not?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's not the fan, but there are some fitment issues to get it to drop in plumb. I forget what to do as it's been over 5 years since I did it. Just wanted to say if you do make the one w/ the oil cooler fit, it's a great resource down the road should you want to upgrade your P/S fluid cooling capability. Adding a daisy chain w/ some AN fittings or such to the radiator is something I've been planning on doing for some time. I mean w/ the extra cooling tank, why not?
what i mean is the passenger side fan has 2 holes on the radiator fluid input side that your fan can be adjusted with but the driver side only had 1 hole so my fan would not work.... but on my stock radiator that oil cooler bolt hole is deleted

1 - 15 of 15 Posts