Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone direct me to instructions on-line to remove the radio from my 2004 Impala. I want to replace the OEM am/fm/cassette with an OEM am/fm/cassette/CD.

Also, will these radios need a code entered after installation?

Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sure thing... Find a Wimpala forum. This is for the 1994-1996 Impala, ya know, the REAL Wheel driven one. ;)

Goodluck finding somebody on here with the info you want... Bet somebody knows, but will they find this? or take the time to tell?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
man, i dont even know what a radio from a 2004 impala looks like.

sorry.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jim:
Can anyone direct me to instructions on-line to remove the radio from my 2004 Impala. I want to replace the OEM am/fm/cassette with an OEM am/fm/cassette/CD.

Also, will these radios need a code entered after installation?

Thanks.
1st- remove the fuse panel cover's on both side's of the dash.(2nd)remove the single screw that is in the side under that panel. (3rd) go under the dash at the pedal's and release the lower panel,and then remove the two screw's.(4th) gently pry the dash from the drivers side,and keep pulling gently all the way acrossthe whole dash,it is held by push in clips! (5th)unplug the hazzard light harness.(6th) remove the screw's in the stereo,and pull out and unplug the harness. re-install in reverse order. :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by PIMPALA--SS:
man, i dont even know what a radio from a 2004 impala looks like.

sorry.
i hate to say it!! but it's the same radio that is in the 94-96 impala ss . i installed a factory cd player in my 96 out of a 2000 chevy. :cool:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by MrCadillac (Magnum):
Sure thing... Find a Wimpala forum. This is for the 1994-1996 Impala, ya know, the REAL Wheel driven one. ;)

Goodluck finding somebody on here with the info you want... Bet somebody knows, but will they find this? or take the time to tell?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by MrCadillac (Magnum):

You're an a**hole MrCadillac. If this forum is full of people like you, I don't need it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't take it out on him when you did not look around enough to realize YOU were in the wrong place. This is the best b-body forum on the web.

My wife drives a w-body so I signedup on a w-body board(imagine that :rolleyes: ) nowhere near the knowledge level that is available here, so while a w-body specific board is a better bet don't hold your breath on good answers.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what I said makes me an *******? All I said was to find a Forum FOR YOUR CAR. Get a clue. Lots of members like me? Yes, And maybe more that would have trully been an asswhole. :rolleyes:

Thanks Dwayne. :cool:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i used to be on the 9c1 froum, since i have a 96 caprice 9c1,and when i bought my 2001 impala 9c1,i wanted to put in a spot to see if anybody else on the forum had one, and all i got was hate & discontent from the member's! even though the name of the forum Say's (9c1 forum) and my 01 is a ex va state police 9c1 cruiser.. so i have not returned to that forum. people tend to be harsh with their words when they post replies , instead of giving helpful information ,and try to lead them in the right direction. I'm sure that several people on this forum are very knowledgeable and could of helped jim with the o4 impala instead of saying to find a wimpala forum.sure it's no where near the car the 94-96 impala ss is, but that's not the point, he just wanted help with a simple question,and i gave him the answer to that question. lighten up guy's- life is to short for hate & discontent .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts