Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an eclipse AVN5435 I want to put in my car. It has navi and DVD has anyone put a radio like this in there's. If so how hard was it and how do you get the dash off? I also need to know if the car has a vss.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I have an eclipse AVN5435 I want to put in my car. It has navi and DVD has anyone put a radio like this in there's. If so how hard was it and how do you get the dash off? I also need to know if the car has a vss.
If you have a Roadmaster 1994-1996 you simply pull off the lower kick panel(s) (under steering and on the far side of glove box). Open the glove box and storage tray, and pull the dash fascia off. Use your head and check me by seeing what over laps the fascia. Pull it firmly but not to far so you do not crack anything. The foam on the vent passages will make a mess of ANYTHING it touches. DO NOT get this on anything you want to keep!! I put new closed cell foam on mine. I cleaned up up with some stickem remover. You can use insulation tape from Home Depot for this.

If your car is a 95 or 96 you should have a double DIN opening otherwise you will need to modify or change your fascia. I do not know what VSS is..............

Good luck!!

Tim

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes, you have VSS. All of the 90's B &D-body cars do. Your PCM is in the engine compartment on the drivers side right behind the headlight and core support, underneath the air filter housing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts