Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
stupid rain

sounds like the opti vent harness took a crap on you and is letting in moisture to the opti which is causing the secondary ignition to "short out" and not allow current to get to the plugs
+2 on that

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like the opti vent harness took a crap on you and is letting in moisture to the opti which is causing the secondary ignition to "short out" and not allow current to get to the plugs
so what am i supposed to check to fix that?

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Check opti cap for cracks also.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I would put a generous dose of dielectric grease on both ends of the coil to optispark wire. I had a similiar issue a few years back and doing that fixed it. Though it may also be time to do plugs, wires, and optispark if you haven't done them yet especially if your car is getting up there in miles. - Peter

·
Registered
39 Posts
pull the line for the vent harness where it goes to air intake by your throttle body, while engine is running see if a small piece of paper will stick to end of hose , which means vacuum is holding it in place, also visually inspect all lines for cracks (from air intake to distributor and from distributor to drivers side of intake) And always use dielectric grease on all plug wires and coil wire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts