Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I love the way my ss looks but it rides like **** and every bump feels like something is gonna break any suggestions I don't have any experience with suspensions so any input would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Get new Eibach, Hotchkiss or even stock SS springs.
Nab

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
So I love the way my ss looks but it rides like **** and every bump feels like something is gonna break any suggestions I don't have any experience with suspensions so any input would be greatly appreciated
1. What springs and shocks are you currently using?

2. What size TIRES are you using?

KW

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
They made a 'bad' batch of Eibach's back around 2003
that I believe were too short in the back or too soft.
If you still have those, could be the problem.

Nab

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info guys. My mechanic told me that the springs in the back where cut so he told me to grab some new springs and he will throw them in. I asked him if I should do the shocks also and he said that it would be a good idea. This explains why it it's so damn low in the back. I but my sub box in today and the car bottoms out now

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
A lot of Eibach springs (not just for our cars) have the reputation of relaxing/sagging over time. You're likely hitting the front bump stops more frequently than when the springs were new.
What shocks? Worn shocks will also let you hit the bump stops more.

·
Premium Member
20,292 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys. My mechanic told me that the springs in the back where cut so he told me to grab some new springs and he will throw them in........
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=1268425

NOTE: “Shipped” prices are to the Continental U.S. Shipping elsewhere will be extra! PayPal payments add 3% or send funds as a gift.

PM me your email address if you require pictures.

Prices are firm. PM me if you want to make a 'deal'.

Thanks!

KW

NIB Street Trends 1" (For Impala SS) Drop Springs....................$300 Shipped
http://www.streettrendsinc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BBODY&Product_Code=15324&Category_Code=SPRS.

Just sayin' ;) .

KW

·
Registered
7,986 Posts
315/35/zr17 rear
274/40/zr17 front eibach springs
FWIW - your car looks to have a good stance and looks very similar to the stance of my Caprice. I have Eibach Pro springs, bilstein shocks (fronts we replaced with Monroe SS shocks) and ZQ8 bump stops. I love the way the car rides and handles and the ride is completely firm and comfortable. Even loaded down with 4 people and a weeks worth of luggage is not a problem.

There ar some other upgrades to the steering along with all new parts as well. The big difference I have is my rims and tires are stock Impala.....255/50/17 on Impala rims. Your tire selection and brand along with wheels could also have a big impact on how the car feels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts