Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had these wheels on my car for about 8 months now, just wondering what everyone thinks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want some!! I like it but I think it would look even better with trim rings. Really love the wheels, though. Where did you get them? I wish I saw this post before I bought regular steel wheels. I painted them body color like you did. I'd rather have the ones you do, though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stss95,

I like the body color theme on the wheels. I did that to my old 66 Chevelle years back. Did you try them with the beauty rings on them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wheels are Wheel Vintiques 37 Series Silver 1971 & Up Pickup Rallye Wheels 15x7 with 255/60/15 BFG tires. I painted them to match the car, i haven't tried trim rings, I think it would be to much chrome??? The rims are only $50 each from summit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by AutocroSSer:
I like 'em, but definitely think they'd look better with trim rings.
I'll co-sign. Beauty rings would look solid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah...you've got that low-down muscle car look the way it is...leave it! It reminds me of those plain-jane street monsters you could get in the late 60s.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I go along with Rick. Has that late 60's, early 70's look Police Highway Interceptor. The RCMP ran a lot of hot Dodges, Fords and Chevies back then. All were of the 440, 429/460 or 427/454 ilk. :D

SStewart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone know if those same wheels will fit in a 15X10....I understand there is a fit ment issue with the rear caliper...I was wanting to save some cash and go with rally's instead of having the 9C1 HD wheel widened.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can those wheels also accept the stock disc brake center caps? I believe the center cap I am describing were used on 1967 Chevys.

Question for someone good with photoshop, is it possible to change the picture so the rally wheels have the trim rings everyone has talked about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think they're best w/o the trim rings and with the Police caps. The rings look better when matched with the derby style cap.

The '67+ disc brake caps should work since the Police caps clear the dust cap.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks sweet.
I wonder if they'd fit on my 95 RMW.
For 50.- a pop they'd be fun. And less to clean than the spokecovered ones mine came with..
No chromering, looks cleaner that way.
Frank

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.