Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove home from the land of Walmart. CEL kicked in halfway home. Panic kicks in, I just made my intake, so thats my main concern. Got home. Popped the hood and noticed my intaked at the throttle body was popped off. Reinstalled the elbow even tighter, hoping tomorrows test drive is proves it just being the intake. Going to take it to Autozone to get scanned for the hell of it.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
You very likely won't get Autozone to scan an OBD1 car. Unmetered air appears to be the problem and you fixed it. If you are going to work on your own car, get an ALDL cable and download Datamaster or similar data-logging software so you can do your own scanning and datalogging. If you don't have one, also get a FSM set or at minimum a Haynes manual. Good luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks again. It started running like crap this morning, alot of hestitation. reset the pcm and went for a few runs around the block and it drove fine again. Starting to think that I should start build a motor/ trans in the garage and get ready for a swap that I know has new parts :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.