Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a thread several days ago about my 96 misfiring. Three poeple on this forum recommended that I replace my opti spark distributor. I ordered an Ac Delco opti and a water pump since I was going to rip it off anyway. I threw them on and she runs Great! Thanks for the Help!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the sympoms? How is it running?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I posted a thread several days ago about my 96 misfiring. Three poeple on this forum recommended that I replace my opti spark distributor. I ordered an Ac Delco opti and a water pump since I was going to rip it off anyway. I threw them on and she runs Great! Thanks for the Help!

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
yw, I take paypal.

j/k, 5 character minimum cwm3

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My check engine light was blinking also but only once in awhile, I read on here that means multiple cylinders are misfiring; thats what I read. I would make sure you have a good ground. its a braded uninsulated wire located towards the back of your motor towards the driver side, make sure its tight on both sides. I would also say check all the basic stuff like plugs and wires. Now if I where you I would rule out the fuel, and vaccum by checking pressure. If these all check out go ahead and put a new optispark distributor on. But I wouldn't buy a cheap one of ebay, Ac Delco, or MSD are good quality. Thanks for the help Mr. Pogo, But after this fiasco, Im as broke as that distributor I ripped off, haha!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts