Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I use LS2 coils, got 'em new for cheap on ebay. :)

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The coils that I've seen prove the most robust in forced induction engines, where the spark has been blown out on others, are the D585 "truck" coils...they're on an AWFUL lot of 5.3 and 6.0 trucks, and have a heat sink on them...you'll know right away when you see the heat sink. However, that said, they do run different dwell settings than LS1 coils, as do LS2 coils...LTCC doesn't exactly handle dwell correctly, and I've seen a LOT of coil failures on LTCC setups...and very very very rarely seen coil failures when GM's computers are running them and controlling dwell properly.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a 95 Impala, what do I need as far as parts to convert to LS2 Coils ? I see the coils on ebay, but some say for a Suburban, Tahoe, Silverado,etc. Which ones do I get ? Also which plug wires, does anything get hooked up to the Opti, or do I eliminate the Opti? Please shed some light and provide detail on everything needed to make this work . Thank you very much .

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
The wiring harness Bob Bailey sells to use with his LTCC is designed for LS2 coils. It is designed to plug into OEM style harness's. So, you need LS2 coils, not the ones with the heat sink, an OEM LS style harness for each side, or the ones EFI connection sells, some way to mount them, and of course, an LTCC.

·
Premium Member
6,032 Posts
If you contact Bob when ordering he will make the connectors according to which style FACTORY HARNESS you have for your coils. As stated the truck coils with the heat sinks are a no go BUT the truck coils withoug them...(EARLIER MODELS) are cool. The ones with heatsinks have more duration and a more powerful spark though :(

Hit me up dude I researched for a WHILE and Leadfoot knows his shat!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts