Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As all of the wagon owners know, The spid label is located Outside the car near the gate. All you lucky Sedan owners Have the label Inside the trunk. I am concerned about the Label Fading away and I cannot get an replacement. Do they still make the backing paper for the RPOs? Also, Do they make the a blank sticker of the drivers door? I read in another post on where a member wanted to get new prints from a dealer but You cant get copies of those any more.

PS. What is the best way to remove thos labels if you wanted to re paint the door jams?
I am considering a Digital camera so it can save all that info on a computer. Thanks for any info.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A digital camera will work fine. What makes you think you can't get the info from a dealer? I'm not sure if you can get the "actual" sticker but the dealer can get you a printout of the info on it.
Kevin

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one dealer I went to told me just what Katshot said, (no actual lable available).
They can give you a print out of all of your PSID info though. But they do not have reproductions of the actual lables.
Might try YearOne or someone like that.

karl

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talk to Brandon--AKA VIN GUY on this forum. He may be able to hook you up with lots of info regarding your car, along with everything on your SPID. FYI: SPID label is P/N 10108227. Hope this helps.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEah I talked to VIN Guy a while back and all the info for my car was deleted by GM. Basterds!!! :mad:

Oh so you can buy A blank sticker from GM?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sucks about GM dropping the data. I don't know if you can buy a blank or not, I'm assuming you can, that's the P/N for it... I've never heard of anyone buying one.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is a good way of removing it without damaging it?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vandal835:
What is a good way of removing it without damaging it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Heat it with a hair dryer REAL good.That is the only way i know of that might work.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You might spray it with several quick, light coats of clear krylon, letting each coat dry before the next. Once the stuff drys up, the sticker is pretty well protected from further weather damage. - Jim

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I see it has an SS hood (BC9 & BD2), an SS center console (D55), and an SS grille (TL4).

G82? As in. 4.56 axle gear?

What are 'J56' brakes?

If your wagon came with an 'LT1', why did it NOT come with a 'KD1' external ATF cooler?
Is it because it came with an 'MM6 MN6' transmission (instead of an 'MX0 M30' 4L60E)?

Why does a Caprice SS wagon have a V08 mech fan?

What's going on here?

·
Registered
347 Posts
A WX8 wagon, With a 6 speed!? do you know how rare those are?! lol.

·
Premium Member
5,563 Posts
V08 with the manual trans option has higher wattage dual electric , different rad, ;);););).

You havn't dissected the door stickers yet I see,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You haven't dissected the door stickers yet I see …
Why do I need to dissect the door stickers? They're corroborated by RPOs QA0 & QBJ.
I doubt you even kept the N64 Aluminium Space Saver spare wheel, since you can fit a 235/55R17 tire on a QA0 wheel in the wagon's spare wheelhouse.

Have I scored enough points to get an answer to "What's going on here?"

Reactions: 96Lt1civi
1 - 20 of 23 Posts