Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
Simply enforcing EXISTING ordinances and laws (objectively, fairly, consistently) go immensely further to make the goal than trying to bulletproof against the next newest lowest common denominator. Any state in the union can both mandate more enforcement of the laws already on their books, and are also perfectly free to make penalties better match the damage by those willfully threatening grevious bodily harm to others and life-lasting impact on their families when allowing a 2-ton vehicle to become a guided missile on the road. An over-the-top scenario below perhaps, but other places got it right when you get caught DUI:

The tech for those breath test ignitions has been out there way long enough to finally take advantage of it. For the record, I'd pay for every car I own (even my current ones) to have an ignition kill breathalyzer installed in them --------- as long as everyone was required to as well.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Not a fan of drinking and driving, but eventually the government will ban us from even driving our own cars eventually.
I'd be shocked if they implemented this, for what even I consider an odd reason.

If no one can drink & drive, that'd be great from every road users' perspective.
Now drivers'll be stupid but sober.

From the perspective of 'et al' Against Drunk Driving, I suspect that they'd be against it.
If drunk driving truly goes away, so does every other 'whomever' Against Drunk Driving.
Not so sure they'll be happy about becoming obsolete.

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Problem come when you need to go somewhere ,maybe an emergency . Yet another B/S safety device fails. Sorry about your luck. Ain't the least bit interested in having crap like this on my car.

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The only thing in common with the B body is it will be discontinued. Having said that, if I wanted to buy a new car, this would be on my list.
READ MORE
Don't worry it's not nasty

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
hahaha address Way TFLong NoWIHell I'm clicking. Pls do a snipping tool for us chickens

·
Registered
“91” Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I wouldn't do that, but I get the hesitation to click it. Not the most computer savvy, so sh!t doesn't always work the way I want.

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
buick-,
Thanks for the extra effort and redo. If't I were a MOPAR berzerker I might be making a business case to snag one of them future unicorns. Imagine how comparatively few there are to start with. And then how many of those have been stuffed into a pole by the 'more money than brains or driving skills' set. The same issue as with the last gen of the 'real' Mustang - not the EV CUV.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts