Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which air bags are you guys using and where's the best place to order from? I'm bringing two medium slow Impalas to Hossfest for you to "beat up on" at Crandall and probably need all the help I can get! Thank's, Bill.

· Premium Member
1,359 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Don't know how everyone else did with theirs, but Ive gone thru 3 sets of the Airlift 1000s. They would last about a year and one would blow at the seam. Maybe its because I had them in a wagon.

· Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Don't know how everyone else did with theirs, but Ive gone thru 3 sets of the Airlift 1000s. They would last about a year and one would blow at the seam. Maybe its because I had them in a wagon.
I don't know Bud. But mine have been on since 2003 - almost 50K miles with no problems at all.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
had mine on my wagon and i use it to race, haul and just look good in

· Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I don't know Bud. But mine have been on since 2003 - almost 50K miles with no problems at all.
Still have mine on the SS since 99'. I was actually going to take em' out and put them in the wagon.

· Registered
180 Posts
I installed a set on my '91 Caprice wagon in 2000. I put about 80K miles on that car. I sold the car when I got my '96 RMW. The new owner was going to lower the car and wanted the hitch and bags off, so I moved them over to my RMW. The was about 50K miles ago for a total of about 130k miles on that set (and still on there today).

I am not sure what the problem is, but call Airlift directly. They were very helpful when I had problems on a car with them about 20 years ago. [It's a very old technology that works very well.] My guess is that the bags are the wrong size or you are running too much pressure in them.

· Premium Member
1,359 Posts
My guess is that the bags are the wrong size or you are running too much pressure in them.
... or not enough. If you don't keep the minimum 5 psi in each bag, the bag can become pinched between the coils and cause a leak.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.