Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this forum so if the question has already been answered then sorry up front. I bought Dave M's caprice wagon which has Eibach springs all around. Can I run Air bags(Airlift 1000) in the rear coils or is there a special air bag for lowered suspension? The car sits right but would like the option of keeping it level should I need to carry any sort of load. Not a fan of air shocks for various reasons but ran air bags in my El Camino and they worked out great.
Thanks,
Don

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Air shocks are garbage for many reasons. I'm glad you agree. :D You can run air lift 1000's in the springs. For stock springs(other than SS springs), you can use the **755 bags. for SS springs, you can use 60786 bags. I'm pretty sure lowering springs require a different bag, but I don't know which ones. I'd like to know myself, to update the suspension sticky. :)

hotchkis sells a bag... but I'm pretty sure it is just an airlift bag with the price jacked up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have SpringTech springs, which Airlift 1000's do I need?

Thx guys!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
The Eibach springs for Impala or Caprice use Airlift 60733, unless you have a discontinued set of wagon springs which use 60755. The Hotchkis springs use a 60763. The Eibachs for the Impala #3837 or the Caprice #3832(also discontinued) came with the same front spring and spring rates. The Caprice set had an installed rear static ride height three tenths of an inch higher. Out of the car, the #3832 rears are 15 inches tall, the #3837 is 14.7. The wagon rears were 15.4, but by now if they were in the car for years they would probably sit lower.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Eibach springs for Impala or Caprice use Airlift 60733, unless you have a discontinued set of wagon springs which use 60755. The Hotchkis springs use a 60763.
What the difference between these two?

Thx!!

·
Registered
611 Posts
The Caprice set #3832 is discontinued so unless you already have them installed in your car, you can't get them. You can only tell by removing the rear spring and measuring it's height out of the car as described in my post. An old spring is also likely to have compressed some over time.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The Eibach springs for Impala or Caprice use Airlift 60733, unless you have a discontinued set of wagon springs which use 60755. The Hotchkis springs use a 60763. The Eibachs for the Impala #3837 or the Caprice #3832(also discontinued) came with the same front spring and spring rates. The Caprice set had an installed rear static ride height three tenths of an inch higher. Out of the car, the #3832 rears are 15 inches tall, the #3837 is 14.7. The wagon rears were 15.4, but by now if they were in the car for years they would probably sit lower.
The Caprice set #3832 is discontinued so unless you already have them installed in your car, you can't get them. You can only tell by removing the rear spring and measuring it's height out of the car as described in my post. An old spring is also likely to have compressed some over time.
None of this helps me at all since I have SpringTech springs....

·
Registered
611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scot
The Eibach springs for Impala or Caprice use Airlift 60733, unless you have a discontinued set of wagon springs which use 60755. The Hotchkis springs use a 60763.

What the difference between these two?

None of this helps me at all since I have SpringTech springs....

If you have either the Eibach or Spring Tech discontinued wagon spring sets, then the still available #60755 Air Lift should fit. Or you can confirm this @ 1-800-248-0892 Air Lifts Tech Line.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scot

If you have either the Eibach or Spring Tech discontinued wagon spring sets, then the still available #60755 Air Lift should fit. Or you can confirm this @ 1-800-248-0892 Air Lifts Tech Line.
I have the sedan type springs. I wasnt aware that Eibach and SpringTech were the same springs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Called, they said 60792's...

·
Registered
47 Posts

Does anyone have an Airlift part number for H&R Springs?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.