Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The compressor in my 94 FWB no longer works but the rear shocks still look good, can I take the hose kit I have from my monroe max air shocks and connect to the stock shocks or will they only work with the monroes? I don't have access to a car lift and its a tight squeeze for me to get all the way up to pull the shocks, just trying to get the rear end up another inch or two so I stop dragging my driveway.

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
The OEM Cady hosing is in series (driver's shock has dual connections) as opposed to normal aftermarket 'in parallel' type. - if that helps. Also, the oem shocks are Monroe I recall, but would tilt toward the odds being low that fittings, O-rings and threaded couplings are identical.

Am I hearing you right you are considering working on the shocks (even the hoses) without even jacking the car up? Your quality of life is worth at least the cost of a bottle jack and two 3-ton stands eh. ;)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OEM Cady hosing is in series (driver's shock has dual connections) as opposed to normal aftermarket 'in parallel' type. - if that helps. Also, the oem shocks are Monroe I recall, but would tilt toward the odds being low that fittings, O-rings and threaded couplings are identical.

Am I hearing you right you are considering working on the shocks (even the hoses) without even jacking the car up? Your quality of life is worth at least the cost of a bottle jack and two 3-ton stands eh. ;)
no sir not at all,I have a jack and stands but it 400 pounds it's still a tight squeeze to get my big ass under there

·
Registered
33 Posts
Your kit should work, I replaced my shocks with monroe air shocks and used a kit also by them with a T to make it work. I would guess though if your compressor has not been working the shocks air bags are shot as they need a minimum 5 psi to keep the bag from tearing up while driving. Still worth a try to put pressure on them to see if they leak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts