Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... as many of you know I have been working on a rear arm project for many months now. I finally have pictures of the prototype set that we will use for production. For those of you that are waiting for the product... I REALLY appreciate your patience!!!

The price is going to be on the high end of what is on the market now... But I think it is worth it.
Lowers... $350
Uppers... $325
Set of 4... $650

We are looking at the first of Feb as a probable ship date.

Here are a list of features:
Upper and lower are adjustable.
Upper and lower have a greasable spherical bearing/bushing on frame end.
Lower has a greasable poly bushing on axle end.
Upper has the option of an offset design to accomidate the geometry change that occurs when the arms are extended.
Lower is made out of 1 3/4" x .281 wall tubing, this is a very thick wall that provides superior strength.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sure have... and that's the price that's listed. I'm fronting the money for 20 sets to get them built for that price. I'm guessing I won't have that many guys as it is for the first batch.... so I'll have several on the shelf. When they run out, we'll build another batch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris
Count me in on a set of uppers as soon as you get them in. Ben waiting a long time for these.
l8r
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the point of the adjustable lowers?
The adjustable lowers were designed so that we can offer a "one size fits all" part number. Depending on what you are looking for in a rear arm... centering the wheel in the wheel well or just a better arm for racing. Most companies offer one arm in stock length and one in extended... some are extended 1/2" and some are 3/4"... With my arms you can adjust for perfect centering for your wheel/tire combo and for pinion angle.

Have you run these on a car yet? How are they working for a street driver?
No... we don't have miles on these arms in a b-body yet. But similar parts have proved themselves in other platforms... specifically 4-wheel drive and off-road vehicles.

Were you able to check if Del-Alums would fit on these?
Still working on this....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are these designed for racing auto-x? I was looking for some rear UCA LCAs soon...
They are designed to hold up to just about any style of driving.... but they will still have good street maners.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chris,

I sent you an email explaining my problem. I must act very soon to correct my problem. What is your best guess on when I can purchase a set of your UCAs?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Frank

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What is your best guess on when I can purchase a set of your UCAs?
The last update I got from Currie was that it looks like the first week of Feb. I'll chat with them again this week to see if that's still the target.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
will these rear control arms be able to hold up to the HO/HA rear bars?
Yep... that's why we used the 1 3/4" x .281 wall tubing. That's more than 1/4" thick... which is massive for a tube wall.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Chris,

Can I go ahead and get money started your way for a set of the uppers?

I bent one of my uppers by dumping the clutch in reverse to get out of the way of a crazy driver heading my way...long story.

The car is scary to drive (and I'm not) but I really am hurting for the car...my DD.

Thanks Chris!

Frank

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can I go ahead and get money started your way for a set of the uppers?
I bent one of my uppers by dumping the clutch in reverse to get out of the way of a crazy driver heading my way...long story.
That would be fine. Are you wanting the upper for stock length or the offset one?

I can take PayPal at:
[email protected]

I still don't have a firm ship date. But the final test fit and adjustments have been made... so it should be within 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.