Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, after doing the Stealth Bolt Mod (96 Impala SS) plus painting the calipers and rear brackets I have an issue. We could say that a month ago one of the brackets (Driver Side) came off and know this last weekend the passenger side came off while driving of course. I was wondering if anyone out there has a clue what might be the cause (Where the Bolts to tight, No thread lock, Calipers are done, etc). Any input is appreciated.

Thank you guys in advance...

·
Premium Member
6,458 Posts
The M12x1.75 bolts that secure the caliper brackets to the backing plates require thread locker, at least blue (medium strength) and preferably red (high-strength). The torque value on these bolts is 74 lb/ft.

The OE bolts are GM 12337902, with thread locker pre-applied - if you still have the bolts, they can be re-used if not otherwise damaged--with thread locker re-applied. Whatever you do, be sure to use an equivalent strength bolt (grade 10.9).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The M12x1.75 bolts that secure the caliper brackets to the backing plates require thread locker, at least blue (medium strength) and preferably red (high-strength). The torque value on these bolts is 74 lb/ft.

The OE bolts are GM 12337902, with thread locker pre-applied - if you still have the bolts, they can be re-used if not otherwise damaged--with thread locker re-applied. Whatever you do, be sure to use an equivalent strength bolt (grade 10.9).
Thanks for all the input you have given me Navy, I will do the above stuff soon. Besides the dealer, any other place I can get those specific bolts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.