Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody created or modified their rear bumper for the exhaust to exit straight out the back?

Post any pictures you may have.

Thanks,
B

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
bumper

Hey Bud my cars out to paint and I have this setup in a 3stainless tip from a 02 Camaro SS going on there.If u look in the complete builds section u will see pics of mine and 1 other SS.
Paul.

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
This might be what strokedimpala is talking about.

This is nice
I kind of like the look. I wonder how they routed those tail pipes around the plastic GasTank, not a lot of room there? Maybe a fuel cell in the trunk?

Streettrends sells some rear bumpers with the cut outs already for the exhaust tips in close to the stock location. You may have to also modify the metal reinforce bar too. I have heard of issues though with some a their body parts needing a lot of work to fit correctly.

http://www.streettrendsinc.com/Merc...e=BBODY&Product_Code=11128&Category_Code=BMPS

You or a good body guy could probably modify a stock bumper cover in a similar way to make it look right. But having the exhaust tips come out in the same general location would be much easier and possibly safer than a rear center exit.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
This is the only closeup pic i had layin' around....

found another....

-ALF out...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.