Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a replacement rubber boot for this part? It is the emergency brake cable paw that attaches to the rear caliper. These boots dry rot and crack open over time. It appears that GM only sells them along with the emergency brake assembly. I would like the individual part(boot only). I checked with Raybestos and they do not service it.

This is also the same boot that is used on late model Chevy trucks with 4 wheel disc brakes.
[*]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ran into this two years ago when I did the rears on the WX3. It really sucks, to get the 50 cent part you need to buy a 90 dollar kit to the ebrakes. I just smudged a whole bunch of syntetic brake grease in there, and hope for the best. I havent had the guts to look there since then, but the ebrake still works. I suppose if you had some time and an old bike inner tube?....

Peter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm hoping that someone out there will know where to get these boots without the purchase of the entire ebrake assy. of $250.00 per side. I know that there will be a need for this part by all that own a Caprice, 9C1,SS or late model Chevy truck.

This would be an excellent item for someone to produce since the original equipment manufacturer, PBR out of Melbourne, Australia, did such a poor job in the development of their product.

I even contacted PBR but they were no help nor did they care that their system had a problem.
[*]null

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.