Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of fam I need some help on this one. I can't make my mind
up on which set up to get. I want to go ext arms to center the wheel, who has the best product?

BMR
UMI
West cost
C3Fab
hotchkis
?????

·
Registered
826 Posts
Well, as far as quality and best bang for your buck are concerned. I would go with either C3Fab or UMI. I personally have the C3Fab boxed LCA's and they are a great product for low cost.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
^^^^Do you have the extended lca if do did you replace you driveshaft?
I also have the C3Fab upper and lower extended control arms. Great price and Great product.

They said that you don't have to replace the driveshaft if you go with the extended ones. I didn't.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have BMR upper & Lower's on my Fleetwood. I took the lowers off my Coupe DeVille when I went to double adjustable's on that car. The wheel is centered, no issues. But Caddys usually have no off-center wheel issues like the Impala. Both have grease fittings n are quiet no squeaking that you get from poly at times in the past.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I say go hotchkis!

didn't have to change drive shaft

·
Registered
826 Posts
^^^^Do you have the extended lca if do did you replace you driveshaft?
Sorry, didn't see this till now, but I just have the stock length lowers from C3Fab with stock UCA's, so I obviously didn't have to change the DS

·
Registered
320 Posts
I recently ordered my control arms from C3Fab...very nice product and their customer service is top notch. I will be installing in the next week or so, however the welds and powder coating on their product is pure quality. Feel free to call them, email them, or pm them on this forum. I was getting reply emails and PMs in minutes.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I recently ordered my control arms from C3Fab...very nice product and their customer service is top notch. I will be installing in the next week or so, however the welds and powder coating on their product is pure quality. Feel free to call them, email them, or pm them on this forum. I was getting reply emails and PMs in minutes.
pics of said arms? Specificly the weld areas. Mine came with a slight bit of the powdercoat flaking where the welds were and the welds were not smoothed over, just powder coated over. Also, I bought my arms before they made the adjustment to have grease fittings accessable on both ends while mounted on the car. So in order to grease mine, I have to remove the rear swaybar.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
up on which set up to get. I want to go ext arms to center the wheel, who has the best product?

BMR
UMI
West cost
C3Fab
hotchkis
?????
fwiw theres also metco.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Got my control arms installed today and the guy at the shop was ranting and raving about the control arms. I directed him to the C3Fab website. Thanks again for a great product. I like that my rear wheel is now centered.

·
Vendor
95 Posts

BMR
UMI
West cost
C3Fab
hotchkis
?????
Hello,

We offer a nice extended set that is also adjustable, this allows you to get the rear end exactly where you want it. I posted a link below to upper and lower adjustable, extended length control arms. If you would have any questions please ask.

Extended Length Lower Control Arms

Extended Length Upper Control Arms

Thank you!
Ryan

·
Registered
320 Posts
^^^^ i still want one of those shirts

·
Registered
94 Caprice 9C1
236 Posts
stick with metcos?

fwiw theres also metco.
Hey there, so i bought metco rears upper, and lowers and i was just trying to decide/figure out if UMI would be better for the street?

I was gonna have a bunch of work done on my ride later this year, and am trying to decide if i should swap the metcos for the UMIs...(as well as possibly swap my bilstein heavy duty shocks for some top notch konis)....

I have kind of noticed that car does sometimes feel like its going to bind up on hard turns with the metcos, have you noticed this with yours?....i have new hotchkis sway bars, and springs....and pretty much all the other suspension parts are less than a year old....

are the UMIs SPECIFICALLY designed to NOT bind up on the street with those special roto joints, or whatever they're called?....would switching to the UMIs, and konis equate to a much better handling, and controlling ride for the street driving than what i have now?

Do you think it would be worth swapping them if i ALREADY have the metcos?

also IF i did swap them for UMIs, would i be able to use the driveshaft that i am using now (with the extended metcos)?

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
It seems you've already built your own business cases and answered your own questions. If you have a lot of discretionary funds and the time to either supervise other's work being done correctly, or time and tools to do the work yourself to assure quality, then OF COURSE you should ALWAYS spend the bucks and change up parts WHENEVER POSSIBLE. A rather senseless question for any American motorhead if you ask me.

Seriously, a couple of points. 1.You make repeat reference to street driving, not the track. 2.You have no sig or comments referring to grandiose power mods that need to be kept under control. With your current stout bar and 1st rate sport style shocks I would think it difficult to actually perceive "bind" originating from just the bushings on some upper control arm. I have the setups you see in my sig and my experience is that's a bit more sensitivity than anyone has in their butt nerves.

Anything with rotating couplings will of course induce less torsional force than a bushing - especially harder urethane. Your current suspension setup looks decent - I'd personally be upgrading brakes or the radio. I bought the Koni Reds for my new Cady because of a screaming deal, and I didn't already have the Bilsteins. Again, without a lot of power mods if you didn't think it important to lengthen the DS with your current extended LCAs, then it won't be necessary to do it with new extended LCAs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.