Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will extended upper and lower control arms work with stock length driveshaft??????

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
The opinions run lightly to vehemently from 'meh yes' to '**** you dum***t no'. 1/2" types are scientifically proven ok with stock ds, and the 3/4" with a stock ds are nearly as bad as pedophelia to some fellas.

Hp, driving style and other driveline strains are big factors tilting either way.

Cliffs: You decide.

·
Vendor
148 Posts

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah, I asked the same question in an email. The website doesn't explain. Instead of simply telling me, they told me to look at the video, but that was no help at all.

If you look closely at the "boxed" lowers, you can see that they weld in a piece of pipe onto the end of the square tubing. They stop there. With the "fully boxed", they insert the pipe a quarter inch from the end of the square tubing, and then finish the end by welding on another curved section.

Fully boxed:

Boxed (linked because it's too damn big):
http://www.shop.c3fab.com/images/057.jpg

They've also moved the zerk fittings to better locations. Link. Now one is at the bottom, and the other is on the end. The picture on the website was never updated. They have a good product, but a poor website.

·
Vendor
148 Posts
Yeah, I asked the same question in an email. The website doesn't explain. Instead of simply telling me, they told me to look at the video, but that was no help at all.

If you look closely at the lowers, you can see that they weld in a piece of pipe onto the end of the square tubing. They stop there. With the "fully boxed", they insert the pipe a quarter inch from the end of the square tubing, and then finish the end by welding on another curved section.

Fully boxed:

Boxed (linked because it's too big):
http://www.shop.c3fab.com/images/057.jpg

They've also moved the zerk fittings to better locations. Link. Now one is at the bottom, and the other is on the end. The picture on the website was never updated. They have a good product, but a poor website.
There is a big difference ! The size of standard lowers are 1.5"x2" and the joints are welded to the end of lowers and our fully boxed arms are 1.5x2.5"
And the joints are fully encased in the end of our bar !! See my you tube page ! Type in c3fabracing on YouTube for both video descriptions !! Thanks ! If you have any further questions .... Call me !
Mike: 562-472-8380
C3 FABRICATION

1 - 6 of 6 Posts