Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Kits are out there to Convert Drums to Disks? Prefer using the Rears from an SS. BUT understand they are not a direct bolt on. What do you need to make it work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dan, I suggest you contact KORE3.

I'm aware that a kit is being developed to use C5 rear calipers and the bigger rotors from either C5 (12" x 1") or C6 Z51 (13" x 1"). These variants will, unfortunately, require larger than 15" wheels.

Maybe if enough interest is shown, a version which uses the SS rear rotors--to fit 15" wheels--would come to pass, but I think between Gerry's effort, and the exchange of ideas with both KORE3 & Gerry, the consensus is that its better to use the C5/C6 rotors, thus the issue of larger wheels.

Using the thinner and smaller SS rotors really does not make an "improved" brake setup, considering the wagon's greater rearward weight bias. If you're gonna spend the money, make the change that gets the most "bang for the buck".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.