Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting for it, the right door window fell down. It has been acting funny ever since I bought the car. It use to be a small plastic clip causing this or?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to replace the slider with the roller. There is a how to here for window rollers. The rears are really easy to do.
I found a how to for Caprice/Impala but it´s the same I guess? The window on my car acted different from what I have read here. When I opened it it just continued to go down, very very slowly. Didn´t matter that I tried to Close it again it just continued down slowly. When it was all down it didn´t move in any direction.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Sounds like corroded electric contacts in the switch that finally fused closed. I've rebuilt non-working window switches in the past, but you may find another more recent GM new that crosses over. Also, if there is a relay outside the switch I would look to see whether that is getting weak or outright kaput.

Just 2 errant thoughts.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both sliders were broken in half. I ordered new ones from ebay today but it will take around 15-18 days to get them.

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Both sliders were broken in half. I ordered new ones from ebay today but it will take around 15-18 days to get them.
You should have bought the rollers instead of the sliders. The rollers do not break, and are a once and done fix.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should have bought the rollers instead of the sliders. The rollers do not break, and are a once and done fix.
Sorry I ment the rollers! I bought enough of them to the next window too (when that time comes)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slow progress here but the window is now fixed. 30 seconds after the other rear window broke! I just might put my hobby to a rest for a while:(

·
Registered
10,930 Posts
Do you mean that the glass broke, or the sliders broke?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts