Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago I replaced the shocks on my wagon with Monroes all the way around. I replaced the worn out rear air shocks and hooked them up to the load level and all worked fine. But lately I notice the rear of the wagon bouncing a LOT, almost like the shocks have been removed. I looked at them and didn't notice a loss of oil or anything else wrong with them but if you push on the rear of the car it seems to bounce a few times before coming to rest. Not like it should be.

This is the first car I've had with new air shocks on the back so I have to ask: Do you think they are worn out already? I can't believe they would only last a couple years but I can't think of any other explanation for the bouncing.

Please offer any tips for curing this very annoying problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks. When I removed the original shocks the car had 230,000 miles and didn't seem as bad as these. I figured they would last more than 25,000 miles. :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the same when replacing the rear air shocks on my '95 RM wagon. Get under the car and check the air line connections again. I had a line work loose on one of the shocks. You could not tell it by looking at it but when gently testing for tightness it pulled right out. You may need to do this occasionally but the shocks should not be a problem with the ALC system. Check it out 'n good luck. BTW, it's tight in there for large hands so you may want to support the car on jack stands and lower the rear axle with the hydraulic jack to get clearance access.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.