Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.oem-surplus.com/gmwp/chevrolet.htm

Shock Bilstein Chevy Impala
YEARYEARMAKEMODELPart #: 2206460019921996ChevroletCaprice:
Weight=919921994ChevroletCaprice Wagon: 19941996ChevroletImpala SS: : : :

COMMENTS: New Bilstein Shocks
This is a Brand New, Bilstein, Rear Shock for 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, & 1996 Chevy Caprice, 1992, & 1994 Caprice Wagon and the 1994, 1995 & 1996 Chevrolet Impala SS. These shocks are Brand New still in the box. The GM OEM part number is 22064600. Retail on these high quality shocks is approximately $270.00 each.L-Code: 66JAD.....Retail Price: $270.92
YOUR PRICE: $29.99
Individual S/H: $16.88

·
Registered
464 Posts
Interesting.....I am in need of some new rear shocks...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Heavy Duty Shocks

The 22064600 and the 22064499 are factory numbers for the 9C1 8X3 Shock Absorbers, Front and Rear, HD Bilstein gas-Preloaded (SEO). This information was found with help from the poster of this thread.

Great Price.

This guy has these shocks all over Ebay, Craigslist and this website. This is the best price by far.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The 22064600 and the 22064499 are factory numbers for the 9C1 8X3 Shock Absorbers, Front and Rear, HD Bilstein gas-Preloaded (SEO). This information was found with help from the poster of this thread.

Great Price.

This guy has these shocks all over Ebay, Craigslist and this website. This is the best price by far.

So the 22064600 are rear, OEM 9C1 shocks?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think I found my answer here...

http://www.geocities.com/rodeodrive/7473/faq.htm

"The factory part numbers for the Bilstein shocks are 22064499 and 22064600. These are identical to the aftermarket Bilstein part numbers B46-1516 (front) and B46-1517 (rear), respectively. The only difference is the boot color: the GM shocks have a black cover and the Delco name prepended to them, while the Bilsteins have blue boots. These shocks are specially valved to Chevy specs for police vehicles and the rears have longer travel to clear 91-92 Caprice fender skirts."

Might have to jump on these! The daily driver is in need of some new shocks badly!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Anyone order these? I need some rear shocks for my wagon.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just ordered mine. $76 shipped for two Bilstein shocks!

Be sure to call and ask for the best shipping price. Even though they are quoted at $16.88 a piece, I paid that price for both. The lady was very talkative but also very nice on the phone.

Will let you guys know when I get them :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
im confussed about these shocks. i assume they will also fit an impala as they say but will they change the ride hight or will i still obtain the stock hight. thanks

·
Registered
671 Posts
I ordered a set and got a FedEx tracking number. Says I'll have them Wednesday. I asked and they said they can get the front ones too, but they are $70 ea.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
im confussed about these shocks. i assume they will also fit an impala as they say but will they change the ride hight or will i still obtain the stock hight. thanks
FYI
Shocks never really change ride height, they just control the motion of the spring. The spring is what really determines ride height.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I ordered a set and got a FedEx tracking number. Says I'll have them Wednesday. I asked and they said they can get the front ones too, but they are $70 ea.
You get the shocks? Are they as advertised?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered all 4. Like 231.00 shipped. And she IS very talkative.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You get the shocks? Are they as advertised?
I got mine yesterday - they are the real deal - I used to work at the plant that made these (Delphi bought Bilstein years ago and started making their shocks under license here in the US, some were shipped directly from Germany and just packaged here, others were made here and packaged) Same shocks I saw roll down the assembly line everyday - box and all. I'd love the fonts too, but too pricy for me right now. I'd definitely buy them too if the get a closeout price on them though.

I opened one of mine and it is actually stamped 'Made in Germany" (said that on the box as well), the other box didn't have that stamped on it and I haven't opened that one yet, hopefully its the same. But keep in mind, this shock was made in two locations (Germany and Kettering, OH) So you could technically get either, but they should be functionally identical.

By the way, how hard are these to install??? Can I do it myself or am I going to need to take it somewhere?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
"By the way, how hard are these to install??? Can I do it myself or am I going to need to take it somewhere?"

hey guy,

had to put the hot wrench to the rear fasteners when i changed the oem decarbons on my 95 SS.

DN

·
Registered
133 Posts
will these work with a lowered vehicle? i just have springs so its not too low.
thanks in advance.

myblubu- do you have their contact #? i emailed em and havent got a response yet. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I just ordered a set from Sara..... 262 244 1262

She is great. She just got in stock rear carriers for the Impala with 3.08 rings (not sure about the pinions) and some DGGM trunk emblems. She was not sure what her final pricing would be but thought $25 for the emblem would be about where she needed to be. I urged her to become a vendor and start posting any Impala surplus she gets in.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Rear shocks took me maybe a half an hour total for both sides and thats a michigan vehicle.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts