Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear speakers in my '95 9C1 are starting to buzz pretty bad. I'm looking for some info on replacements. I don't need anything high dollar and I'm running the stock stereo in the car. I just need something that sounds decent and won't start crapping out on me after a year.

Any advice on replacement speakers that won't break the bank?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I have infinity 6x9 in my deck and luv them, some other bruh's will chime in later

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you pay for yours? If you don't mind my asking.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I can't remember how much, it has been awhile

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm incredibly uninformed when it comes to car audio so forgive my silly questions but what model Infinity speakers are you using? I'm seeing a few different ones.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I'm incredibly uninformed when it comes to car audio so forgive my silly questions but what model Infinity speakers are you using? I'm seeing a few different ones.
Infinity reference series are a great match for the stock head unit. The 2 ways can be found in the $50 range and 3 way in the $70 range at discount places and on ebay. The Kappa series require much more power. For the front a pair of 6.5 infinity 3 way work well for clear mids and highs. The rears should provide bass.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the info guys. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Infinity reference series are a great match for the stock head unit. The 2 ways can be found in the $50 range and 3 way in the $70 range at discount places and on ebay. The Kappa series require much more power. For the front a pair of 6.5 infinity 3 way work well for clear mids and highs. The rears should provide bass.

SSo true, and still luvin them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts