Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the rear speakers i have a foam cover around the speakers in the trunk. my question is what is the reason for this? and is it wise to remove them. thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It kind of acts like a mini box for the rear speakers, if you take them out they will lose their low end response, at least thats what ive heard

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, what did you do?

I just took the cups off of mine this weekend. I figured, why hide the Eclipse Point Source 6X9's since the look kinda cool with the clear crossover network mounted to the side of the magnet housing.

The speakers look cool, but the overall effect is that the trunk looks more cluttered, especially since my entry-level (if that) gear is all up against the back of the seat (an 8 inch powered sub in a rectangular, ported enclosure centered and strapped on the "shelf" with a small amp mounted to the seat-back on one side and a distrubution block mounted to the seat back on the other side.)

I'll give it a few days, but I may put the foam back on.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KALGERALDD:
thanks cavasa13 you just made my mind up.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad I could help.

I just came back to this thread today. I guess time is scarce when you give yourself 6 weeks to completely gut a house, rebuild it, and then move into it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts