Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if on a 93' or 94' Caprice I could save myself the trouble of buying the rear window fix kit for $450 and just buy that little plastic piece and just stick that over the window but still have the pointed glass under the plastic piece? If anyone has tried this maybe they could post pictures or something. Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK,

This may sound like cheating but I did this fix over a 2 years ago on one window and last year on another and it is holding up perfectly.

The plastic guide that holds the arm has a hole in the middle for the pin and 2 outer holes "to save weight?"... anyway. Get some "picture wire" (found near picture frames)... cut about a 4" length and feed it through the outer holes. There is room behind the guide for the wire to run. Twist the wire together in front and under the pin from the window arm. Use pliers to twist the wire tight while the pin is in place. Lubricate with some white lithium grease and you are done. The clip will never come apart again.

Regards,

------------------
Bill
GASSIT #18
SStealth 94 Ram Air Fleetwood
http://www.stealthhotrod.com

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think he is talking about cloning a 93 or 94 Caprice by changing to the rounded style rear side windows.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i did was trim the window trim so that the appliques fit nice and perfect,then a glued them on.first one took like 3-4 hours (didnt kno what the hell i was doin),the second one took like 25 minutes.but i still need to completely finish it off by putting the 95-96 window trim on.

------------------
1994 White 9c1
T/B Bypass,LT4 k/m, B&M Shift Kit,Monster Tach,
Impala Grille,Home Plate & First base delete,
Resonator delete,stock exhaust cut off after mufflers,
high flow mufflers (Brand ???),
275/60/15 all around,Ram Air Intake,
B&M floor shifter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts