Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what other car has the same rearend as the 94-96 impala ss? i need the little piece that that parking brake cable hooks on to and i can't find an impala so i was thinking that surely these car aren't the only ones with these transmission.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
What "little piece" are you referring to specifically?

The cable guide (that mounts only on the right side lower control arm bracket) or the piece of sheet metal that clips over the right cable and secures it to the differential cover?

The cable guide is disc brake axle specific, meaning it was ONLY used on 94-96 Impala SS & 9C1, while the other item was typically used on ALL B-body axles.

what other car has the same rearend as the 94-96 impala ss? i need the little piece that that parking brake cable hooks on to and i can't find an impala so i was thinking that surely these car aren't the only ones with these transmission.

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
What "little piece" are you referring to specifically?

The cable guide (that mounts only on the right side lower control arm bracket) or the piece of sheet metal that clips over the right cable and secures it to the differential cover?

The cable guide is disc brake axle specific, meaning it was ONLY used on 94-96 Impala SS & 9C1, while the other item was typically used on ALL B-body axles.
If you do need the piece which bolts to the top of the differential cover, and can't find a donor in the yards, Dorman makes a replacement cable that fits well.

I did both cables on my current ride, in the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts