Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone give me some info on how to remove my rearview mirror. The auto dimming button on mine is broken ( I think) When I push it in, it doesnt stay half way up it just comes back down. Is this normal for the 94-96 Impala, or do I need a replacement?

Just got my Impala a couple month back. Wasnt in the best condition so I am going thru and fixing all the minor things any info will be helpful.

Thanbx In Advance

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
The switch is probably broken.

There is a spring that clips the mirror to the puck. You access it from the bottom with a wide screwdriver, and pry it up a little to pass over the puck. The mirror should slide up and off of the puck. If you have the mirror with a screw, you need a #20 torx bit to remove the screw.

I have a mirror for a 96 with the flat connector for $30 shipped. I also have the mirror with the screw and 2 connectors for the same price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The switch is probably broken.

There is a spring that clips the mirror to the puck. You access it from the bottom with a wide screwdriver, and pry it up a little to pass over the puck. The mirror should slide up and off of the puck. If you have the mirror with a screw, you need a #20 torx bit to remove the screw.

I have a mirror for a 96 with the flat connector for $30 shipped. I also have the mirror with the screw and 2 connectors for the same price.
Thanx for the info Kiehl but my local JY has them for $10

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Some people do not have the gumption to go to the JY and get them. Save all the parts you can, there aren't any more.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that's right. I am in the JY 3 or 4x a week looking for any an everything. Call me the parts collector lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts