Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the words of E-40,"the beat keeps knockin down my rear view mirror". Any one have that problem and how did you fix it? I have put it back up 4 times now, a couple times i waited a week or more before subjectin it to bass. Dont know if super glue or freakin cement will work but the weak stuff that comes in the repair kits isnt cuttin it, please help.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Havent had this problem with my wagon yet. Probably will if I ever get my system finished.

I had a thunderbird a while ago... The mirror wouldn't stay on with anything.
Not even superglue.

I just waited until I sold the car before I reinstalled it.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its like my Caprice, theres like a * shaped screw that you tighten. My mirror did the same until I tightened it and no problemo since then. ;) :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the one in my wagon is screwed on tightly so it doesn't fall off.

But I do see about 10 of every thing when it flexes from the headliner to almost strait down when the bass hits.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas but my rearview is attached to the glass, not the head liner, thinkin bout modifyin to attach to the headliner, thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
go to a glass repair shop and get the glue they use, it's better than the repair kit stuff, also clean it w/ acetone first
I did this on my old tbird and it never fell off again it did however break the glass under it from too much bass (152dB) and DJ Magic Mike, "do you like bass" down to 15hz

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jboy:
go to a glass repair shop and get the glue they use, it's better than the repair kit stuff, also clean it w/ acetone first
I did this on my old tbird and it never fell off again it did however break the glass under it from too much bass (152dB) and DJ Magic Mike, "do you like bass" down to 15hz
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good god what did you have in it? 152 out of the trunk of a tbird!!!
:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts