Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got one with lights and i think the temp or compass. was i supposed to get the wiring or is it in the headliner already. i have the none digital one at the moment

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You should have gotten at least the plug that snaps into the back of the mirror. You need a temp sensor for the temp. feature. You will wire one to ignition, one to constant +12v, ground, temp sensor. Should be it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is everything but the temp sensor prewired, when i go back to the junk yard where in the car is the sensor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can i get a pic of what it looks like so im not searching for hours if its taken already?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can i get a pic of what it looks like so im not searching for hours if its taken already?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a pic of the temp sensor from the front.

It's under the Air Force 1.

Sorry it's not the best pic.

Stewart

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i got the whole wiring instead of cutting of the clip. is the sensor on the right in the pic?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so instead of just geting the clip i GOT the whole wiring from the cieling, do i just take mine out and plug it at the bottom of the bpillar

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do i need to remove the head liner? i got the whole wring that goes along the b pillar. should i replace the wirng i got from the other car and would mine in the car do fine? further advice would be appreciated! thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the mirror and wiring i got was from a 90' chevy caprice, the coloring of wire is:

blk with white
orange
black with green
blk w/ blue
and black

any more info i need to provide for help..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is anybody goin to freaking help me, i took oiut my seats, apillar, b pillar, head liner is out etc and its getting dark. and I SEARCHED FOR HELP!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude, take a pill. It's the holidays people are not around.

For one I don't really understand your questions. If you have the mirror and the proper plug on the wiring, you just slide your mirror onto the stock mirror nub, plug in the harness, and all I did was gently pull the edge of the headliner down and push the wires up in there. I then ran the wiring down the driver's a-piller, carefully taped it out of the way of the clips, and pushed the pillar trim back in. Run to fusebox area, find constant 12V, find ignition 12V, and ground. Since you don't have a wiring diagram, you'll have to carefully figure which wire goes where by trial and error.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does the mirror have a button on it that says Temp? If not, then its Compass only on the display up in the corner on the glass. If it is compass only, then the part of the compass that detects polar north is made into or onto the mirror. No other sensor will need to be ran.

If is does have outside temp, then the sensor mounts to the brace in front of the a/c condensor behind the grille. The one in Stewarts photo I believe is the Roadmaster climate control temp sensor which is not the same calibration as the overhead console temp sensor so I assume its also not the same calibration as the mirror temp sensor.

What model/year car is this mirror going into? If you installing this into a 91-96 B body, then there is a light gray connector inside the black plastic wiring channel that runs from the parking brake all the way to the back seat under the carpet. The light gray connector is inside the channel between the B pillar and the back seat. This connector is were the ceiling harness plugs into the body harness. Even if your ceiling harness does not have the +12v with key on, etc. wires, they should still be on the body side of this connector. If the harness you got with the mirror is the same, then it might just plug right in, but I do not know about the 90 model wiring, so even if the connectors are the same, the wires may not be in the same pin position within the connector.

If your car already had map lights built into the mirror, then 12v with key on is the only wire you would need to run for the compass. I believe its the pink wire in the B pillar light gray connector. If you don't have the map light wiring, then you need Hot at all times orange wire in the B pillar connector. Ground at all times, and switched ground with door open. If the mirror has the auto dimming feature, then it also uses the pink 12v with key on wire and also uses reverse lights wire which is light green wire in the connector.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yea i got the one with a compass. i jus ran it thru and plugged in. took me awhile to figure it out. which ones have the light dimming feature?

thanks for the input!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.