Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,998 Posts
the more I see this, the more I love the build. I have always had a thing for seeing cars that were modded back back in their hay day restored, but restored while maintaining the mods they had which were 'time period correct'. Those RMCR supercharger kits are a small piece of history back when LT1's ruled the road, there was something really unique about seeing one back then and even more so now. Seems like you're really on the right track to not only make it cool, but fast as hell too.

I'm almost done with an LSA swap on my car, and while I'm looking forward to the functionality of the LS engine it's nowhere near as cool to me as popping the hood and seeing the correct engine for these cars with the supercharger kit that we all drooled over before LS swaps became the norm.
Yep.

As far as bang for your buck, nothing beats a junkyard LS with a turbo. But, there's something special about a preserved piece of history.

Not to mention... the coolest cars certainly aren't cheap. :cool:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
My issue with the QuickJack and other similar devices is that you can buy a real lift for basically the same price. The QuickJack doesn't do anything that a floor jack doesn't do, it just saves you a bit of jacking labor.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Understood.

However, I can't help but laugh at the fact that we are talking about safety and mortality with regard to working on the car. Nevermind the safety risks associated with driving the damn thing after you make it fast! 😂

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
You guys may have convinced me on the QJ.

I would be okay with mounting to concrete, but height will prohibit me from putting in a real lift. Also, I've been dealing with constant physical ailments lately related to wrenching, and I'm not getting any younger. Anything I can do to mitigate that stuff is a plus.

Being able to bring it with you to the track or to a friend's house or whatever is a nice bonus, as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts