Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Sounds great! Cool to see your SS moving and quickly too! All your tires are in danger lol.

What's the camera car? I do see the Maserati trident, a Quattroporte?
Thank you!
My intention was to build a sleeper, but it is outrageously loud at WOT. I am searching for a quieter exhaust this morning.
The tires are new 315-35-17 Nitto 555's and they don't grip at all. I wish I could get Michelin Pilot Sports in this size, as they treated me well on many CTS-V's. Maybe I'll need a drag radial if I can't tame the car with more tuning.
You have a sharp eye (regarding the chase car). I bought my wife a Levante last year, and we have both continued to love that little SUV.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thank you!
My intention was to build a sleeper, but it is outrageously loud at WOT. I am searching for a quieter exhaust this morning.
The tires are new 315-35-17 Nitto 555's and they don't grip at all. I wish I could get Michelin Pilot Sports in this size, as they treated me well on many CTS-V's. Maybe I'll need a drag radial if I can't tame the car with more tuning.
You have a sharp eye (regarding the chase car). I bought my wife a Levante last year, and we have both continued to love that little SUV.
You might consider adding a resonator near the tailpipes. Vibrant offers a few sizes I believe; Dynomax sells their “bullet” muffler in two lengths

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
You might consider adding a resonator near the tailpipes. Vibrant offers a few sizes I believe; Dynomax sells their “bullet” muffler in two lengths
Thank you. I am open to all suggestions.
I did do a cat delete, but I am running the same 2-1/2" dual into the same Dynomax Ultra-Flo's that I used to run; and the car is obnoxious now. The only other thing I changed (exhaust wise) is that I used to run the AS&M rams head headers, but on the new 396, I am using Dan's Clear Image Tri-Y's.

Right now I am thinking of moving to a quieter muffler AND doing some resonators.
I like to hear my cars a little, but I would prefer that people driving beside me don't understand what all is under the hood...

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
I second resonators. Having mufflers under the rear seat leaves the remaining pipe so long that it resonates at audible frequencies. If you shop the Dynomax catalog, they should still offer the resonators that came on their old catback for these cars, but I don't know what the attenuation values are or the part number is (I posted it on here somewhere).

If the quieter mufflers and resonators don't get you there, consider a Pypes X-pipe. Although you lose the stereo sound and it makes misfires harder to diagnose at the tailpipes.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
We added resonators and that helped the exhaust volume and drone. (y) I still may change mufflers, but not yet.

Got the KBD bumper facia on. It was cheap, and I got what I paid for. I’m not hating, but not a huge fan either.
I am going to paint it and run it to see if the concept works (to get airflow through the larger inter cooler). After paint and retune, I will drive it a few weeks until bad weather comes. I have some winter changes in mind, but I have to see how the year ends ($???)for my company.

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel
Hood Office equipment Bumper Motor vehicle Gas
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle
Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille

81 - 86 of 86 Posts