Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you swap the pressure side connection casting? Note the old one in the foreground. There's no thread in the new pump - so is that supposed to be pressed out and in? Read a bunch of threads on ps pump replacement and noone mentioned this little conundrum.
Note: This is for my 96 fwb.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Take a close look. The old pump in foreground has fluid pressure output bung and pressure sensor connector. The circa 2015 reman which I've had on the shelf has nothing but a smooth bore. It looks like that piece needs to be pressed on off and on.
Edit: now i'm thinking just another ****ed up reman where they forgot to press on the bung/casting pressure side casting.
Edit2: and if you could think they would **** it up in mexico, it's no surprise they would **** it up even more in china with the cardone garbage. This is a sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for weighing in babywag. This is perplexing to me, no threads inside reman casting.
Edit: Ah, I pulled the piston and spring out to reveal the threads. Question: Do I pull the C-clips off the end before unbolting the casting?
Thx in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hard to tell from pic but it looks like some form of plug in there. Very odd. If it was me I'd try to see if I could remove it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, that's the plunger and spring which I didn't realize comes out. Last pic I turned it over and it fell out, revealing the threads within. I let it sit on the ps on the past pic for reference.

Thanks for your help. It's always nice to have someone look at something with a different set of eyes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts