Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Alpine stopped playing tunes off my ipod so its time for a new head unit.

Looking at a single din flipout--there's a million of them.

Any ones you guys have had a good experience with?

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea i would go for the single because the double din dash kit actually cost as much as a new unit.

·
Registered
195 Posts
ohh now i see it kill 2 birds with a javelin lol:D i like it plus it has a good pice too

·
Registered
340 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
how reliable is it though ?

·
Registered
340 Posts
;) can you also post some pics of yours por favor

·
Registered
560 Posts
That thing looks real nice, but yea the brand name has me a little iffy.
Would be a sick combo with the single din relocating kit from detailss for sure though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just bought the Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD for a steal BRAND NEW (not refurbished) off eBay for $375.00! I also flipped the stereo location from bottom to top so now just waiting for it to arrive in the mail! I will let you know how I like it ASAP!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just bought the Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD for a steal BRAND NEW (not refurbished) off eBay for $375.00! I also flipped the stereo location from bottom to top so now just waiting for it to arrive in the mail! I will let you know how I like it ASAP!
Just looked into that unit after seeing your post. Please let me know what you think. I got a avicn3 and want to upgrade to something newer. Do you know if it has a seperate brain? also I saw that it has a gps add on? how does that work? does it require a cd or does it just work with that add-on gizmo?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry guys I've been pretty busy but I got the Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD unit installed and I have to admit that it's probably the best unit I ever owned/bought! It's an all-in-one with no additional brain and personally that's a plus to me. I always hated the brain units cause that's just one more piece of equipment that can possibly malfunction! The navigation for this unit is an add-on that cost about $250, kinda steep but it will never have to be upgraded cause it does it automatically through the GPS unlike the older models that you had to purchase newer NAV dvd's to get the upgrades. Ipod control is ABSOLUTELY SWEET! If you have an Iphone or Ipod Touch, it gets even better. It even has a SD slot behind the detachable face and you can upload pics for a screen saver or you can set it up like those digital photo frames in your house that scrolls through pics. Bottom line is....well worth $375 and then some (which honestly you'll pay around $500), I recommend this deck above all others and if you don't like flip-outs the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD is the same deck just a double-din model.

·
Registered
233 Posts
pioneer p5200bt just got it and love it
Hadn't played with it to much cuz the car blew up on the way home from the install but it's fun to playwith the the garage

·
Registered
3 Posts
That AVH-P5200 looks incredible! My only question is does it have a hookup in the back for the ipod, or is it only through that front hookup? I'd like to run the wire through the back and hide the ipod in the glovebox or something and lock it up. Thanks!

Sorry guys I've been pretty busy but I got the Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD unit installed and I have to admit that it's probably the best unit I ever owned/bought! It's an all-in-one with no additional brain and personally that's a plus to me. I always hated the brain units cause that's just one more piece of equipment that can possibly malfunction! The navigation for this unit is an add-on that cost about $250, kinda steep but it will never have to be upgraded cause it does it automatically through the GPS unlike the older models that you had to purchase newer NAV dvd's to get the upgrades. Ipod control is ABSOLUTELY SWEET! If you have an Iphone or Ipod Touch, it gets even better. It even has a SD slot behind the detachable face and you can upload pics for a screen saver or you can set it up like those digital photo frames in your house that scrolls through pics. Bottom line is....well worth $375 and then some (which honestly you'll pay around $500), I recommend this deck above all others and if you don't like flip-outs the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD is the same deck just a double-din model.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That AVH-P5200 looks incredible! My only question is does it have a hookup in the back for the ipod, or is it only through that front hookup? I'd like to run the wire through the back and hide the ipod in the glovebox or something and lock it up. Thanks!
That is my ONLY complaint about this unit but I got over it! It would have been much better with the hook up in the back for looks alone but there's so many other good features on the unit that the pros just out way the cons!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts