Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I accepted a check from redvette33, Chris Hewlett, I waited about 10 days, shipped him the product and then after 3 weeks the check was returned from the bank, I was charged a $25.00 bounce fee. It's now been over 2 months and Chris apparently has no intention to settle this bad check, because he is ignoring all phone calls and messages. I've helped this guy over the phone several times when he was installing the system (before I knew the check bounced).

I believe in these forums, I seldom respond to posts (seems somebody else always knows more than I), but I do use the forum for repair info, mod ideas, parts, and mainly for the wealth of experience and wisdom available in these pages.

So now I'm coming to the forums to warn others about redvette33 and/or to get advice on how to handle this, he's buying and selling stuff all the time so apparently he has money... I don't know why he wont pay up?

Thx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not sure where to look but google a bit and scan.

There are companies that will buy bad checks for a portion of their face value. I don't know if yours is big enough to fool with though. You'll have to determine.

You don't get your money (or most of it anyways) but you get the satisfaction of knowing the person who wrote it is going to get hassled.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Whale, but I'm not ready to settle for anything less than 100% payment from this guy, even if it means driving half way across the country... sounds like a Road Trip coming :D .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry.

I can only tell you sooo many times that the MO is already in the mail. Let me know when you take your road trip and I'll meet you half-way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and oh yeah, I can't meet you half way because you told me SOOOO... many times before that the check was in the mail, I gotta go all the way...

In Florida, the passing of a worthless check is a misdemeanor criminal infraction that also can be pursued as a civil action. To deliver a check to a third party without sufficient funds to cover the value of the check or stopping payment on the check is a clear violation of the worthless check laws. Ignorance of not knowing that there were not sufficient funds to cover the check is not a defense. The passing of the check itself is the requisite intent that the check be honored. Relief may be sought from the Assistant State Attorney to file criminal charges against a person that passes a bad check. In addition, an aggrieved party may file a civil action to recover the funds owed under the worthless check. In civil court, there is a strong penalty for a violation of the worthless check laws. If a party fails to make the check good, that party could be held liable for up to three times the value of the check plus the original amount owed under the check.
because I'll be seeing you in court, and I might get a little extra to help pay for my road trip! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jerry,
Let's not forget, you accused the wrong person of bouncing the check in the 1st place, and insisted it had to be this other person because his was the only check you deposited for that amount that day. You even said the other member was being irrational for insisting it wasnt his check. Now we see it was redvette's.
Did Tablay even get an apology for the accusation?

Regardless redvette, Pay up man! Stringing someone out, especially this long is uncalled for! If you havent sent the money order, SEND IT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerry, relax. I know FL law also, believe me. I didn't think it was my check because all the beef with Tablay, plus I thought he was trying the same BS with me and it wasn't sent in till after his anyway. As I told this guy countless times the problem isn't insufficient funds in the bank, it was a problem with the banks secutity over credit cards, mine being one of them. Upon notification of this I called the bank, they stopped payment on my (and others) whole account, sent new checks and VISA, then redeposited the money into that account. When this was verified Jerry had his MO in the mail.
Woo-sah

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I don't feel good about the Tablay situation, the bank gave me the wrong info over the phone and it pointed to the wrong guy, but I never "accused" him of it... but now I have NSF check in hand and there's no mistake now, so Chris do you see the ripple effect your actions are causing? none of this is good for anybody, just keep weaseling out of your responsibilities and I will see you in court.

BTW your bounced check is not a bank matter, it's a Chris matter, So how long do you think it takes USPS to deliver a MO anyway? it wouldn't bother me as much except that you continue to make purchases over the forum, when you need to clear up this bounced check.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerry,
The law is on your side in this matter both crimmaly and civilly. Of course you ready know that, your choose what best suits you.
Bear in mind assult is also against the law also and most diffently will be hangled in a much more sevre manner by the courts. In other words you don't need to be in the Penitenatary while this a$$whole walks free.on probation at best or some county time at worst Partiularlry tf your reterbution get out of hand. This has been known to happen.I think the best course of action is through the courts despite the satistfaction you may get from kicking his butt.
An other course is to to follow him in this forum and see
what he is looking to buy or sell and post his reputation
as close to his post as is possible. It would create some due dilagents on your part but it's worth it in the long run because look at how many times you will screw him out of what he desires.most. He may get tired of this and change his screen name like Carl Malone does but if you are paying attention he can not excapt from you.
While at the same time you are in court with him and that my friend is a pain in the a$$. Call the Florida dept of taxation and the IRS on him and suggest he has a side business that he is not paying taxes on. They tend to take these matter quite seriously and prosue the matter with vigor. Just Drop a dime on him. believe me he will not like that outcome....... Good Luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have sent numerous money orders from Hawaii to the East Coast in 3 days through USPS. I would NEVER send or accept a regular check from anyone I did not personally know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got paid... well at least the amount the original check was written for, I have a $25 bounce fee from the bank + $5.00 certified letter fee. I'm not sure if I'm gonna pursue the matter further, I may have to take a small financial hit on this one, a large agrievation hit, and I may no longer accept checks.

So thanks everyone for the support! forums are great!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.