Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,
Did the dumb one of throwing the keys on the seat while fooling with some groceries and locked them in. Trying to prevent a repeat.

There is a trick that works on some cars where if the person on the other end of your cell phone call (aka home) can use the 2nd opener and clicking it into the phone receiver, with your cell phone pointed at the car door can unlock the car door remotely.

Works on my 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan, but could not get it to work on my '96 Caprice. I am wondering if I did not have it close enough to the door lock remote radio receiver for it to pickup the signal. Where is the remote receiver for triggering the locks? As I would like to save the wifer a trip to the store the next time I do my lockout.

Cruiser Bill

·
Registered
736 Posts
I can't believe this trick works on any vehicle. You can not send radio transmissions though a digital audio channel. Ever.

But alway being helpful the stock location for the receiver is under the rear deck behind the back seats.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Works on my 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan, but could not get it to work on my '96 Caprice.
ha thats awesome...always called that a myth because of what jon stated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts