Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen the thread bout converting the rear vent windows to power, has anyone looked at making the rear class open and close via remote? Either from key fob or dash mounted switch.

Propappr

·
Registered
797 Posts
a couple years ago some one had used parts from I think an 80's 4 door cutlass and made power vent windows

I had thought of doing a power lift for the glass but never got around to it

could be done kinda like the pop trunk on a trunk car use use linear servo and a 3 position toggle switch I wanted to do it so the glass would lift and a etched plexi glass sign would unfold from the ceiling .......one these days I'll make the time

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
a couple years ago some one had used parts from I think an 80's 4 door cutlass and made power vent windows

I had thought of doing a power lift for the glass but never got around to it

could be done kinda like the pop trunk on a trunk car use use linear servo and a 3 position toggle switch I wanted to do it so the glass would lift and a etched plexi glass sign would unfold from the ceiling .......one these days I'll make the time
Pat did the rear vent windows.........

http://gmlongroof.4umer.com/paint-and-body-f30/power-vent-windows-t137.htm?highlight=vent+window

Tim

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe if you can find a totalled (from the front) Chevy Traverse. They've got the auto rear gate. A nice one to, maybe it could fit a wagon glass....

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have seen the thread bout converting the rear vent windows to power, has anyone looked at making the rear class open and close via remote? Either from key fob or dash mounted switch.

Propappr
My rear glass opens from a remote . Same one I use for the doors, starter,etc.

I looked into using an actuator but they arent cheap. And I dont use the rear window enough to justify the cost. But it's nice being able to pop the window without having to get into the wagon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts