Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about a remote start for a winter project on the 94 SS. Trying to find some good resource info. Last winter I installed a 2 way remote start on my 2007 Lincoln, so I figured the Impala should be a little simpler.

Are there any wiring guides, any brands you guys recommend?

I installed an Excalibur brand on the Lincoln and I like it quite a bit.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Unfortunately, interface modules like the dball or idatalink don't exist for these cars so, every wire has to go to a specific location. On newer vehicles, those modules w/ a T-harness is plug n play and controls many features like the door locks and remote starting. That being said, on my 94, I used a remote start/alarm wiring guide from online to wire my car. The only info I couldn't find is how to hook the alarm to the factory keyless module so I could have full dome light control. I recommend one of the 2-way DEI remote starter units. I've had mine for about 3 years and never had a single issue.

If you have any more questions, you can let me know. It's been a while but I'm sure I can help.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Rpm

First step is to add the tachometer wire to the PCM.

My car came with a starter/alarm that does not check the rpm when starting. I hate the sound of it starting this way. My other cars have had the original "Command Start" brand with tach monitor and are much easier on the starter.

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
Thinking about a remote start for a winter project on the 94 SS. Trying to find some good resource info. Last winter I installed a 2 way remote start on my 2007 Lincoln, so I figured the Impala should be a little simpler.

Are there any wiring guides, any brands you guys recommend?

I installed an Excalibur brand on the Lincoln and I like it quite a bit.
I'd suggest (If he doesn't see this thread) to PM HACK, as he does this for a living, and has installed countless systems through the years.

·
Registered
6,849 Posts
Believe the "audio/alarm" section would be a good place to post,and/or search for this type issue as well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts